COVID-19 UPDATE: Newport Surf Camp will be OPEN summer 2021!!
VIEW 2021 BROCHURE FRONT BACK
Whether or not your child has ever surfed, our camp will provide hands-on instruction for all levels. Our main focus is to have fun in a safe environment, while covering all aspects of surfing from the history of the sport to water safety, riptides and sun protection.
– Kids must wear a mask upon arrival (No need during camp)
– Line up in sand 6ft apart
– All signed paperwork to be completed before arriving for check in
– No large group warms-ups
– Kids will stretch and go over ground lessons in a 1-5 instructor student ratio
– No touching other campers.
– They will apply their own sunscreen.
– Attempt to put on their own wetsuits. (Parents to assist small kids if needed)
– Care for their own beach gear.
– Stay 6ft apart for ALL activities.
– We will continue conducting small group classes (no larger than a 5:1 ratio of students to coach) or private lessons and will make sure that all on sand training, i.e. boards, bags, towels, and gear will be placed a minimum of 6 feet apart and that students will be more than 20-25 feet apart once they enter the water.
– We will continue to stock hand sanitizer for instructors to use before and after each lesson. We will also be spraying down the shared items, such as pens (for signing waivers).
– We use soap in a bucket to wash wetsuits after each use.
– We will use sanitize spray on each surfboard between each use.
– Kids will be spread out on sand 6ft apart waiting for pick-up
– For those that get picked up at parking lot, small groups of 1-5 ratio will walk separately to pick up site.
– Kids must wear mask to be picked up.
Get in the WATER!
We cover all aspects of the sport from the history of surfing, to water safety and riptides, things to be aware of while at the beach, the importance of sun protection and the most basic and crucial techniques to being a great surfer for years to come. Soft surfboards, wetsuits and leashes will be provided. If you are looking for a fun, safe and professional atmosphere for your children to learn how to surf, then you have found the right spot.
On behalf of the staff, we look forward to meeting your family and teaching you this wonderful sport.